This Online Tech Support computer technician guide will help you to go through step by step the unlocking process for Samsung Galaxy.
WARNING: this is only a demonstration guide and YOU would NOT be doing it with your mobile phone. Installing any custom image on the Samsung Galaxy will void the warranty.
Please keep in mind the unlocking process can damage your phone and to follow this guide do it totally on your OWN risk only.
On this example we are using phone Samsung Galaxy mobile connected via USB cable a PC computer.
- Download from web file universal_gb_root_v19.zip to your computer.
- Connect your phone with computer using your phone USB cable (you may use KIES program from Samsung web page) or via Bluetooth connection.
- Upload the universal_gb_root_v19.zip file to the top directory (/) on your SD card so it would be easier to find.
- Turn your mobile phone off and disconnect it from computer.
- Turn the phone on in recovery mode:
Samsung 551, Pro – hold down buttons “T” + “Power”
- Samsung Ace, Gio, Fit, Mini, Pop – hold down buttons “Home” + “Power”
- Samsung Pro GT-B5510 ,Ace GT-S5830i, Xcover, Young, Y-Duos, Y-Pro, Y-Pro Duos, M-Pro – hold down buttons “Volume Up” + “Home” + “Power”
- In Android system recovery menu use volume buttons to move up and down. Chose menu “apply update from sdcard” press “Home” button and select file universal_gb_root_v19.zip and press the “Home” button again to apply it.
- The installation process will end with message “Install form sdcard complete”. Select “reboot system now” and reboot your mobile.
- Open your app downloading tool for example “Play Store” and look for free app “Galaxy Toolbox” and install it on your phone. Execute the app and follow the introductions. On the main menu after the Warning window you can find option “Network unlock“. Applying this option will remove the network lock on your mobile phone.
This is the end of online tech support computer technician example how to unlock Samsung Galaxy. There could be different versions and screens of Samsung Galaxy, but the main unlocking process will remain the same.